Mapping the Journey (2 day Event)
The US Synthetic Consulting Group will visit the QMPV facility to map the organization’s value stream to identify improvement activities and create a 6-9 month improvement plan.
- Leadership Participation—A cross-functional team that consists of all senior leaders and other site leaders must be present.
- Message Development—A review of the organization’s current vision and mission AND create a clear change message for all future activities.
- Current State Mapping—A review of key business metrics, gaps and goals. Future State Mapping—Identification of areas within the organization to focus on during future navigation events.
- Data Analysis—An effort to gather and analyze all relevant data from the onsite visit.
- Toolkit Assessment—A determination of what principles and tools are needed to solve the gaps identified during the onsite visit.
- Clear change message
- 6-9 month comprehensive Improvement Plan that is directly aligned to organizational needs.
Understanding the big picture...
The business review and strategy session will identify key areas for focused improvement. This session includes identifying specific value streams, work systems, or work sites linked to critical business gaps. Specific business performance measures and target conditions will be selected. To understand current state, value stream mapping, work site observations, employee interviews, industry benchmarking and worksite assessments will be used to highlight opportunities. These opportunities form the critical path to close business objective performance gaps. The specific deliverable of the three-day activity is an A3 improvement plan and visual for communication. Your staff with our guidance and expertise develops this plan and visual. It is the vehicle that will guide the business functions during the first year, with special emphasis on the first few important months of the change process. It is during this process that senior leadership will select goals and timeframes for the transformation process. These goals will in turn drive the value stream selection, the improvement selection, transformation speed and expectations of the process as a whole. Senior leadership must be engaged and involved during this activity.